One of my co-workers started (I think he said) 70 heirloom tomato seeds he bought from TomatoFest.com, and offered me some of the seedlings. These are the varieties we’ll be growing this year, in addition to some romas we’ll buy; we love those on bruschetta and salads.
- Arkansas Marvel – 4-inch, 1 lb., yellow-orange beefsteak tomato with red marbling and a mild peach flavor
- Beefsteak – 4-5 inches
- Carbon – purple/black, 10-14 oz.
- Earl of Edgecombe – orange, 3 inches diameter
- Kellogg’s Breakfast – pale to deep orange, 1 lb.
- Vintage Wine – pink with gold stripes, up to 1 lb.